PULLMAN LIBRARY at Illinois Railway Museum, Union, IL

.

Pullman / Pullman-Standard Research Information

Updated: August, 2019

  • PULLMAN INCORPORATED - HISTORICAL HIGHLIGHTS *
  • 1867         

    Pullman’s Palace Car Company organized to build and operate sleeping cars and to build other types of railway cars.

    1899         

    Name changed to The Pullman Company.

    1921         

    Haskell & Barker Company acquired, extending The Pullman Company’s interest in freight carbuilding field.

    1924         

    Pullman Car & Manufacturing Corporation formed to consolidate the railroad carbuilding interest of the Pullman Company.

    1927         

    Pullman Incorporated formed, with The Pullman Company and Pullman Car & Manufacturing Corporation as its principal subsidiaries.

    1930         

    Pullman Incorporated acquired Standard Steel Car Company and Osgood-Bradley Car Company.

    1934         

    Pullman-Standard Car Manufacturing Company formed to consolidate the railroad carbuilding interests of Pullman Incorporated.

    1944         

    Pullman Incorporated acquired the M. W. Kellogg Company as a wholly owned subsidiary.

    1947         

    Pullman Incorporated sold The Pullman Company, operator of sleeping cars, to a group of railroads pursuant to court decree in Federal anti-trust suit.

    1950         

    Pullman-Standard acquired the tractor allied parts division of Isaacson Iron Works.

    1951         

    Pullman Incorporated formed Trailmobile, Inc., a wholly owned subsidiary, which acquired substantially all of the assets of The Trailmobile Company.

    *As taken from the publication The Story of Pullman Incorporated (1953) published by Pullman Incorporated

  • More complete outline

 


© 2019, Bob Webber. All rights reserved. World rights reserved.